Dance Experience is by far our largest fundraiser and because it is so large we require many, many volunteer shifts to be filled in order to run at the caliber we do.
You may be wondering why Dance Experience is so important to your dance family. And we would love to explain.....
Dance Experience is wonderful because we have the excitement and convince of performing in a:
We also chose to adopt and run this type of volunteer program because it allows you the following benefits:
1) Volunteering at your chosen time
2) The convenience of volunteering for your chosen task thru an online software called Sign Up Genius
3) It does not require you to participate in any further fundraisers that we put on, however your participation is always greatly appreciated!
4) And you do not have to ever work a BINGO or CLEAN THE STUDIO or Write a multitude of Volunteer cheques!!!
Volunteer shifts can be filled by....
- Our studio’s needs on Signup Genius. If you are a new dance family, you will be invited via email to join our sign up genius group. This Signup Genius holds the shifts open for Dance Experience and Recital.
- Via emails we send out asking for help for work-bees and other studio related jobs
If you still have shift credit or Signup Genius questions please contact TDC thru email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Dance Centre runs a Mandatory Fundraising Volunteer Shift Program through out each year.
What this means is each year your family is required to put in “X” number of volunteer shift credits per “X” number of dance classes/solo’s/duet's and/or trio's your child dances in.
The volunteer shift credits are a required component of your child’s dance…
….unlike our other fundraisers in which your participation is not mandatory, however always appreciated; our policy states that unfulfilled volunteer shift requirements will result in a $75.00 charge per unfulfilled shift.
Each volunteer shift equates to 2 - 2.5 hours of volunteer time.
The 2019-2020 Mandatory Volunteer Shift Requirements are as follows:
2 volunteer shifts per regular class including Strength & Conditioning Class, Acro Dance & Song and Dance
2 volunteer shifts per acro, tap, jazz or ballet exam class that begins in September
1 volunteer shift per solo/duet/trio extra entry
0 volunteer shifts for acro, tap and jazz exam classes that begin in May
0 volunteer shifts for Recreational Jazz/Hip Hop and Dance And Play
If your dancer takes a jazz, ballet, tap, technique class and performs a ballet duet then your families mandatory volunteer shift credits will be 9 - (4 classes x 2 required shifts per class) (1 shift required for the duet)
Most Important of all:
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED VOLUNTEER TIME – PLEASE FILL IN A VOLUNTEER SLIP AT THE STUDIO AND PLACE IT IN THE ENVELOPE MARKED “VOLUNTEER SLIPS” – KEEP A COPY OF THE SLIP FOR YOUR RECORDS.
If you do not do this – you will not be credited your volunteer shift hours.